Sunday, March 29, 2009

Poor Wabbit


Yesterday was a bad day to be a baby Bunny. I saw this adorable critter lounging in the sun in my backyard. As I approached him he did not flee. Come to find out he was quite ill and had difficulty walking. I put him in a box and gave him some water, yet a few hours later he passed on over into the meadows of the afterlife. Bye bye baby bunny.


This is one of my all time favorite flowers. Around here they call it a "Yellow Bird of Paradise". I wrote about the fight I had with its fuzz in a previous post.


This is a close up of one of the buds bursting out.


Everything is turning yellow around here. I'm not sure the name of this flower. It was a weed I nurtured. Between this guy, the Desert Marigolds, and the Yellow Birds of Paradise, I now have a palette of plenty of purples and yellows. All the red and Orange blossoms will be popping out a little later this spring. Thanks for visiting my blog.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Aw, poor rabbit.

But wonderful beautiful flowers!!!

Diane AZ said...

Aw, poor wittle wabbit. Your volunteer flowers are called Brittlebush. I love their silvery leaves and long flower stems. Nice pictures.

greenehawke said...

You are feeding my desert soul with your photos and stories. Thank you. Yes it is brittlebush, which I have not seen in blossom for a long time.
Stop by my bird blog for more desert bird tales.
Thanks