Sunday, March 15, 2009

Skywatch Friday: Desperately Seeking Shade


I just discovered "Skywatch Friday". I have been following a very entertaining trail of nature and photo blogs in the early mornings before the crack of dawn. I'm a big fan of backyard naturalists, and nature lovers in general. I love sneaking in enough time to visit a few of these sites as often as possible. I used to be a pretty regular participant in "Illustration Friday", yet these days I've had a little too much on my plate to post on a regular basis. However it is really interesting finding little connections along the way. As I navigate around nature blogs, I'll find a blogger who's site I've visited many times through "Illustration Friday". The then after doing some poking around in a new site I discovered called "Skywatch "Friday", I found a bunch of posters from my list of nature blogs and favorite Illo Fri blogs. What a small world eh? I'm enjoying this, but I highly doubt I'll ever twitter. So I decided to jump on the old bandwagon and submit a few shots for "Skywatch Friday", which is a great blog showcasing hundreds of posts each week of beautiful sky's across our globe. The shot above looks like a Mackerel Sky, or a Buttermilk sky. Perhaps its just a low fat Buttermilk sky. The shot below is of a deluge From last Autumn. I'm so anxious for the Monsoon season to get underway again!


Today I discovered the value of "Shade Grown Coffee". In a article from a blog I visited this morning. I guess they have developed a new strain of coffee that is not dependent on shade to thrive. The shade trees used for growing coffee, provide a much needed habitat for many species of birds and other wild life. Now they have been destroying the delicate habitat to plow out fields for the new strains of coffee. If you would like to check out the article over at "Birding witn Kenn and Kim" its called "Kens Totally Caffeinated adventure". At the bottom of the article there is a link to a source of "bird safe coffee". Now if someone asks me how I like my coffee, I may reply by saying...
Made in the Shade,
Organic and free trade.

4 comments:

Diane AZ said...

Terrific skywatch scene with happy looking clouds, blue sky, beautiful yard and surrounding area and a nice mountain view too. Wow!

Teri said...

I'm glad you discovered Skywatch as these skies are beauties. The second one is my fav.

It is a small world isn't it!

Anonymous said...

Whoah! Your backyard? Unbeliavable scenery and nice sky on side. Just breath taking. Happy SWF!

You can find my entry here.

prkl, Finland

John Finster said...

Hi, Valerie - Love your new theme background. Very nice :)