Friday, June 27, 2008

Hot Quail Chicks

Illustration Friday's topic is "fierce". I doubt if there are too many varmints out there that a Quail chick would find a much fiercer than a big Raptor. Thanks for stopping in and visiting my new blog. I started this space to take some of the load off of "once upon a dolphin". I posted a new video (below) it turned pretty good. I got some decent footage of a hummingbird, roadrunner, and a few new species. If you get a chance to check it out, that would be great. Its only two minutes and some change. I'm concerned about stuttering. So any feedback in that department would be so greatly appreciated.



Delivered as promised. Here is more adorable quail chicks! The video is titled "Hot Quail Chicks", because it has been a scorcher these days. Its been getting up around 110 deg. in the afternoons. About a week ago I had to drain the pond for a few days to let the algae and other scumish stuff dry out. I was worried about loosing fledglings to the man made drought, so I set up a couple of temporary ponds next to it, by simply using large garbage bags and gravel.



This is the last shot
I took of the Lily bud.
This one was shot
yesterday morning.


A lovely suprise. The first of many blossoms to come.

4 comments:

Cienega-Santa Cruz Candidate Forum said...

Very serene! Thanks for sharing!

Sandra said...

I love your bird. A wonderful illustration, great line work and colour.

Tracy said...

Wonderful illustration!

parisa mahmoudi said...

Really great!I love the line and color!