Thursday, April 9, 2009

Oregon Blooms


Last week I took a trip up to Oregon to visit with the kin folk and celebrate my mom's birthday. We all stayed at my sisters house in Grants Pass. That area is absolutely gorgeous this time of year. I decided to snap off some shots of some of the local color. I lived in Oregon a few years back, and despite its beauty, I decided to migrate down to the Sonoran desert. I guess I've grown hopelessly addicted to sunshine. That is of course until monsoon season rolls in when I become enamored with the breathtaking skyscapes.




Grants Pass was spectacular with all of the Cherries and Plums abloom. I decided to post a larger version of the plum blossoms. If you click on the picture above you can see the larger version.



I'm not really sure what type of wild flower this is that was growing in my Sisters yard. It certainly has a feminine look to it.




Now I know times are getting tough, but I guess in Grants Pass they actually have to give away the air in order to sell tires. It was a lovely visit, yet I'm happy to be back down in the sunshine.

2 comments:

Diane AZ said...

You found some beautiful flowers blooming in Oregon. I love those plum blossoms. And, I agree, that is a funny sign!

lyn said...

Mmmmmmm. I can just smell those beautiful blossoms! Can't wait for things to warm up around here...it's been a loooong winter. Thanks for sharing a little taste of heaven!