Monday, July 7, 2008

Froggie Goes a Courting

This is a colored version of a page in a coloring book I designed a few years back. It ties in pretty well with the rest of this amphibious post.


A little while back I began to wonder who was coming to visit my pond after dark. I stepped out on the patio tonight and heard this very bizaare noise coming from over by the pond. It almost sounded like a distressed house cat.

Turns out it was these frogs raising a ruckus. It was too dark for the cam corder to capture video, yet I decided to have a go at it anyway so I could capture the audio. As soon as I can get that processed I'll get it posted. I decided to try the shot with my still camera to see if they would be visible with the flash. I thought there was only one frog in the pond, but when I uploaded the shots I was delighted to see there was two. As nifty as these little guys are, they are creating quite the din. My house is very well insulated with double pane windows, and the sound is still crashing its way in.

I wanted to post this selection from the photo above because he looks pretty cool closer up.
Hear the Frogs here.....

No comments: